Hollingworth & Spencer Lawyers
Brisbane's Capable Commercial Law Firm
Hollingworth & Spencer Lawyers is a full service commercial law firm which provides a top tier legal service but with a small firm feel. We strive to achieve this by working through your needs with you. We regularly visit clients’ business premises to help identify their legal issues and develop suitable strategies to address them. Our offices are located at offices in Samford and The Gap, Brisbane.
Our areas of Commercial Law expertise include:
- Drafting and reviewing leases, including retail shop leases;
- Preparation of business operation documents including terms of trade and agency agreements;
- Business sale and purchase agreements;
- Business ownership agreements including joint venture, partnership, shareholders and critical event agreements;
- Preparation of option agreements;
- Advice on business structuring and operation;
- Establishment and review of companies and trusts;
- Risk management and asset quarantining strategies;
- Structuring the succession of your family business, company or trust;
- Establishment and operation of associations, charities and not-for-profit entities;
- Superannuation arrangements including superannuation borrowing agreements;
- Confidentiality documents;
- Employment agreements and related transactions; and
- Intellectual property including trade marks and licensing of rights.
Our Commercial Law Team:
Our commercial team is led by Adam Robinson, the principal of this practice. Adam, has over 30 years experience in all of the above areas of work, and he has a strong tax and revenue focus. Our team also includes solicitor Dani McLean, who have 32+ years combined experience in the above areas.
As a client, we would (with your approval) routinely work with your accountant, financial advisor or other professionals to provide you with a comprehensive service to ensure that your affairs are thoroughly addressed and to add further value to the services that we provide. By taking all of your circumstances into account, we are able to make recommendations which best suit your situation, with a view to finding the optimal, and yet most cost-effective, solutions for you.
Our commercial team looks forward to supporting you and reviewing your legal affairs. Our experience tells us that from discussing with you your legal or business arrangements, we will likely be able to direct your mind to other important issues that you have not previously considered.
For practical commercial legal advice, telephone Adam Robinson on (07) 3123 5700
Conveyancing & Leasing Services
At Hollingworth & Spencer Lawyers we have a dedicated conveyancing team servicing both The Gap and Samford.
Hollingworth & Spencer Lawyers we aim to provide a professional and friendly approach to our clients and we believe in going the extra mile for our clients to ensure that all conveyancing transactions are as stress-free as possible.
Our conveyancing team has 18+ years of combined experience in all aspects of conveyancing.
Signing a contract to buy a home or investment property may seem straightforward. After all, people do it every day. Unfortunately, as solicitors, we are regularly called upon to help clients who have been caught out by signing contracts which do not always reflect what they thought that they were agreeing to. We recommend that before you sign any contract you have a solicitor consider these sorts of issues with you:
- Does the contract correctly identify you and the property?
- Are all the items that you intend to acquire with the property (for example dishwasher, pool equipment) actually included in the contract?
- Is the contract subject to finance?
- Is the contract subject to a building and pest inspector’s report?
- Do you need to ensure that the sale of your current home is completed before you can settle the purchase of your new home?
At Hollingworth & Spencer we are happy to review any standard sale or residential contract prior to signature as part of our standard conveyancing retainer. Review of a proposed contract is part of our allowance of half an hour of solicitor’s time included with each fixed fee conveyance.
If you would like a quotation for a conveyancing transaction, please click on the link below.
Wills & Estates
Complete Estate Planning Services for the Brisbane Area, offices at The Gap and Samford.
At Hollingworth & Spencer we are able to provide you with a complete estate planning service, giving you and your family peace of mind that things are taken care of. Our Wills & Estate Solicitor has been working exclusively in the practice area with H&S for over 17 years, and has been supported by her paralegal for over 13 years.
We can assist you with:
- Drafting Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney and Advance Health Directives
- Advice on simple and complex estate plans
- Establishment and splitting of Trusts
- Structuring the succession of family business, company or trust
- Administration of Estates – assistance to Executors
- Probate applications
- Estate litigation and Will disputes
Many problems can arise from “do it yourself” wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney, even when prepared with the assistance of pre-printed forms. Mistakes in drafting can lead to your wishes not being carried out. These mistakes frequently Estate Planning Wills & Trusts lead to disputes which can only be corrected, if at all, by the intervention of the Supreme Court. Your estate will seldom benefit from this.
We are able to work with your accountant, financial advisor and other professionals to provide you with a comprehensive service to ensure that your estate is protected and distributed as you intended. By taking all your circumstances into account we are able to make recommendations which best suit your situation, resulting in a product which is customised to meet your needs and desired outcomes.
Not only can we help you with your estate planning needs, but we are also able to provide advice and assistance when you have been omitted from a will or your position needs protection. At Hollingworth & Spencer we have the experience and knowledge to assist you where things have gone wrong.
Our Wills & Estates team can help you review your affairs generally and direct your mind to other matters which arise from discussing your arrangements with you. Once recommendations have been made, you can rest easy knowing that those you care about most will have the reassurance that your affairs are all in order. Act now to ensure that those you love are safeguarded during your lifetime – and after it.
Allow us to assist you and support you in addressing your needs. Telephone Sue Hobbs on (07) 3123 5700 for professional advice.
What our Clients Say
Associations & Memberships
We Are Members of QLD Law Society.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
Brisbane's Capable Commercial Law Firm
Hollingworth & Spencer Lawyers
With a proven track record of providing practical and affordable legal advice, our areas of practice include commercial transactions, conveyancing, wills and estates and testamentary trusts.